The organisers of the Indoor Exhibition & Competition look forward to housing a collection of elegant, colourful, exciting and competitive quilts, to complement the well-loved outdoor main street ‘Airing of the Quilts’.
- $1,000.00 for First Prize in Category 1 - sponsored by the Braidwood Community Bank (Bendigo)
- $ 200.00 the ‘Jill McLeod Award for Excellence in Quilt making’ – all work must be that of the exhibitor
- $ 100.00 the ‘Viewer’s Choice’
Winner of each Category – the prizes are generously donated by businesses of Braidwood
- We are Australian’ – A quilt with an Australian theme or Australian design fabric. A special award of $1,000.00, all must be the work of the exhibitor.
- Quilt made for a bed (must measure more than 150cms.). Any technique.
- Lap Quilt (small quilt must measure less than 160cms). Any technique.
- Quilt made for a Wall – Any size, any technique.
- Quilt for Baby – any technique.
- Quilt made for the ‘Man in your Life’ - (junior or senior). Any technique.
- Quilt made for your ‘Favourite Girl’ - (junior or senior). Any technique.
- Quilt made by a Child - 15 years or under (Note: no entry fee).
- Quilt made of Scraps - A scrap quilt from remnants, unused fabric/left over fabric from other projects.
- Quilt made of Recycle Fabric - Recycle fabric is fabric that has been previously used for some other purpose e.g. dresses, jeans, suits, tee shirts etc.,
- Quilt made at "quilt making class' - Any technique.
Conditions of Entry
- Quilts entered in the Indoor/Exhibition/Competition must not have been entered in the ‘Braidwood Quilt Event’ previously. There is a $10 entry fee for the first quilt and a $5 fee for each additional quilt. Quilters from any area are welcome to enter the Indoor Exhibition/Competition.
- All quilts must have a cloth rod pocket attached to the back at the top, sized to take a 2.5cm dowel.
- The entrant is responsible for all packing, shipping and insurance of work.
- Entries may or may not be for sale. The Committee will retain a commission of 10% for any works sold.
- Entries will close on Friday 27 October 2017. Entry forms with correct fee amount must be received by that date. If possible, please send a photograph with the entry form.
- All quilts must arrive in Braidwood by Friday 17 November 2017. Please address entries to: Braidwood Quilters Inc., PO Box 135 Braidwood NSW 2622.
Enquiries: June Weatherstone (02) 4842 2355.